Friday 14 December 2007

Zero Day or Maybe Not!!

I was playing with the netopia wireless modem/router that came with my eircom broadband the other day, and I realised that I could actually make it restart from Mozilla Firefox. Erm Should I say a "W00t". Perhaps not. However, I believe that by restarting, the device was trying to play it safe. I would be glad if someone informed me on how to debug embedded devices.

Example: If You use the netopia wireless router from Eircom, try clicking on this and monitor the device. here or something like that and watch your router die!.

I dunno, perhaps, this might only be a sort of DOS attack but I could direct you to my axajified page and use javascript to set intervals intervals for ajax requests to that page. (that way, you dont even have to click anything).

No comments: